Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

my foyer…

DSC_0768 copy

This is my foyer.

Over at Kelly’s Corner the topic is foyers, so I’d thought be a social butterfly and join the discussion.

To tell you the truth, my home’s foyer has always been a sore-spot for me. It’s my one big complaint about the-open-floor-plan concept.

I have no traditional space at the entrance.

foyer-graphic-wallpaper-l

Personally, I’d love to have a separate foyer that I could possibly wallpaper..

143693044331278904_PDvlGyIa_cfoyer

or add a comfy chair and a round table for fresh flowers...

But back to reality.

I’ve got one long wall to work with, so I’ve tried to make it interesting by adding Beadboard and painting my French doors from white to black. As I write this, I’m in search of a rug, but here’s a few photos of what I’ve got now…

 

DSC_0778

A little carved chest that holds a lamp, tiny vase and a tray.

DSC_0772

Here’s a shot of the black French doors without the glare. (Boy, it hard to get clear photos of these doors)

DSC_0759

A lovely quote by Abraham Lincoln…

DSC_0794

…a collection of old hats hanging on a vintage bamboo rack which I found on ebay. I absolutely love my old bamboo pieces because they add so much personality and age, especially to a newer home…

DSC_0769

This is our foyer chandelier.

DSC_0757

And this is the central station for our car keys. At our house,  someone is always asking, “Hey, has anyone seen my keys?” So this is it. The place we toss them when we walk in the door.

DSC_0804copy

Yep-there’s definitely a need for a new rug.

DSC_0807

And this is my view into our foyer from my computer. I can see all the comings and goings while I blog away. I left the soccer ball there on purpose because this ball is always being kicked around the house…can you see it?

DSC_0767

I’ll be sure and share my rug whenever I find it. But that’s it. My humble little entrance.

If you’re interested, you can check out my post about feng shui tips for your entryway right here.

In the meantime, I’m off to watch a movie with the family.

I hope you’re having a relaxing weekend…

Leslie

 

Technorati Tags: ,

 

5 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I am on the lookout for a rug too :-) Love that you left the soccer ball - my foyer usually has a dog toy to add to the decoration!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh my goodness, what a stunning foyer! First of all, it's huge and secondly, I absolutely love everything about it! Okay, now I am officially in love with your blog! Can't wait to discover more!

Unknown said...

i absolutely love your foyer! its all open and airy and bright and you've done a fabulous job decorating it.

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Looks great Leslie! I almost have the same set up - one long wall and then the other side opens up to other rooms. I think you did a fabulous job!

Natasha said...

I really like your foyer. I can see that the undefined space could be frustrating but I love the openness and what you've done with the french doors and the wall. It looks so clean and fresh.

As you can tell I am slowly catching up on my SUYL reading :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...