Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

what not to worry about

266767977897122723_i4MYgymJ_cmeggielynnetumblr

via meggielynne.tumblr.com

The news here in the U.S. is filled with such darkness and grief…

The tragedy in Colorado seems unfathomable as I sit here in the safety of my little office. Only the heartbreaking details keep coming… from everywhere, and this news has shaken me out of my comfortable cocoon.

Part of me wants to know, because I care. But the sheer truth overwhelms me. These were young people and parents like you and me

sitting at the movies

and now they are gone.

Yes, today is a day for deep reflection. No worries for me today.

Today I’m alive. By the grace of God. And if you’re reading this, so are you.

Today is a day to be grateful.

172051648234098397_gLMyJBj9_c 

Today I will not worry about

the future

my kid’s future

if the house gets cleaned

that my work’s not finished

if I exercise or not

the flies

paint colors

how many calories something is

what other people I know are doing

the bills

what’s in the refrigerator

what I’m cooking tonight

if Stella got walked

about my blog stats

what might go wrong

if I’m being productive

if my kids are being productive

myself

1 brent darby

 

Today I will worry about

how many times I say “I love you”

how many times I say, “thank you”

smiling

 


xoxo

Leslie 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Hello Leslie,
Beautifully put. We do have to be grateful every day - life and people are not perfect, things can change in the blink of an eye. I have lived through that myself. I am so grateful to have a God to turn to and to know that He loves and cares for us - so glad I stopped by - I have enjoyed my visit and am your newest follower,
Kathy

mystepmomlife said...

Stopping in from MBC. After such a senseless tragedy it gets people thinking about what is important in their lives. I think everyone is hugging their loved ones a little bit closer the last few days and realizing that we are lucky to be alive, that life is short and we have to make the most of the time that we have. I look forward to reading more from you. Check me out at www.mystepmomlife.com

Monica said...

This is so true and we need to appreciate each and every moment and be grateful for all that we have. Life is fleeting. Following you via MBC and would love a follow back. All the best, Monica

Donna McDine said...

Lovely post and so very true. Hold on tight to the precious moments and enjoy every minute. Found you via the MBC and I'm delighted to be your latest GFC follower.


Best regards,
Donna
Award-winning Children’s Author
Write What Inspires You Blog

Sonnie said...

Well said. Important thoughts today and every day, really.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...