Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My White Winter Wonderland Tablescape-How To

 

DSC_0238 copy

These are a few photos of my mostly white, gold and silver tablescape I created for New Year’s Eve. As you can see, I got a little carried away and decorated my whole dining room in this white-winter wonderland theme. But I had so much fun, and I love this look!

DSC_0115

Here is a daylight shot when I covered my drapes with a soft gauzy fabric for a dreamy effect. What do you think?

If you remember from my last post, I got inspired when I found this miniature clock ornament at Pier One, and it became the centerpiece for my New Year’s chandelier. Click HERE for this post.

DSC_0122 copy

Then I saw this bag of “village” snow on sale for $1.39 a bag after Christmas that got my creative juices flowing…

DSC_0042

and I thought, “What great placemats for a white, ethereal looking tablescape!” And I was off and running. 

DSC_0043

I got a sharp pair of scissors and simply unrolled the “snow” and started cutting. This is a shot in daylight on my wrinkled tablecloth. Can you start to see the potential?

I brought out my gold chargers to coordinate with my gold clock, and set the table with white dinner plates.

DSC_0138 copy copy

I thought white and silver poppers would make perfect name cards for a New Year’s table setting.

DSC_0046

A single bell tied with a incandescent pipe cleaner serves as a napkin holder. Just wrap it around the napkin, tie, and clip it if it’s too long.

DSC_0224

Here is a close-up photo of the fluffy placemats taken in the late afternoon sunlight. I used incandescent snow on the table that looked beautiful in the evening candlelight. This picture looks downright yummy… I could eat it.

DSC_0174

Because I used white feathers in my chandelier, I bought a pair of white feather boas from Michael’s Crafts Store and simple laid them in the center of my table on a cream colored runner that had a satin ribbon border. I think I bought it from Target. I already had my mercury silver candlesticks and I used my white carnations that were leftover from Christmas. A very pretty and inexpensive centerpiece, don’t you think?

DSC_0099

And I made a decorating discovery. Look how lovely the buffet looks when white lights are placed underneath this village snow blanket and topped with sparkly flakes of snow?

DSC_0241

 

DSC_0065

DSC_0219

DSC_0197

I wish I could invite each and every one of you to this dinner table. I would serve you a fattening, red cocktail and we could laugh about quirky, inane things and talk about Life until our cheeks got warm and rosy.

But do you want to know something funny? I’m not having a dinner party at all. No, I’m really a New Year’s bore and with two teenage boys who DO go out, I’m usually a nervous wreck underneath my calm-looking exterior.

Plus, I usually feel lucky if I’m not sick on New Year’s Eve, in fact, I was sick last New Year’s Eve and you can read about the thoughtful “lesson” I learned from being sick, if you click HERE. But that’s only if you find yourself homebound or under-the-weather and you need a little company.

No, this kind of decorating is what I do for fun. (I never said I was normal)  And I do it for all my dear blog readers. I hope you enjoyed some of these DIY tips and I would love to know if you use any of them in your own home. Makes my little ticker feel good to pass on little ways to beautify your life. You deserve it.

Thank you for all your support and kind emails these past months. As a new blogger, I can’t tell you how much EACH bit of feedback means to me. You have no idea.

Happy New Year’s my friends,

May you and yours be richly blessed in 2012!

xxoo

Leslie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous Christmas tablescape. Lovely images too. I'd love to pin some of these inspiration on Pinterest. I have christmas table decorations board and i'd love to include some of these. Have a happy holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...