Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My holiday home tour

DSC_0785 (2)copy

Welcome to my humble abode.

I love to visit decorated homes during the holidays don’t you?

 I’ve just been visiting Jennifer Rizzo’s Holiday Housewalk Linky Party and I have one word. Wow. There were so many beautiful homes and festive decorations and it got me motivated to take a few photos of my own house. And to share them with you.

For Christmas this year I really wanted to edit my decorations. In fact, I didn’t even open most of my boxes. And you know what? I actually liked it with less stuff.

DSC_0832use

View from my office

My house is very informal because we’re pretty casual here. We’ve been blessed to have lots of boys, dogs and little messes around here because we’ve had some wonderful times in this house. This is the home we’ve raised our boys in.

Today I’ll show you a few photos of our main rooms.

DSC_0829use Entry way

I don’t have a traditional foyer, although I wish I did. I’m living in a open floor plan but I think I’m much more of a traditional floor plan gal.

I recently painted the small chest red, which seems more cheerful and it goes well with my love of red at Christmas.

 

DSC_0788copy

Here’s the view from the front entry. The family room is at the back of the house.

 

DSC_0669copy

I hung shiny red bulbs on the chandelier.

This is a shot of my home office through the black French doors. I painted the wood floors white and I absolutely love it.

DSC_0722copy

My home office

I kept my Christmas decorating very subtle in here.

DSC_0834usr

A simple tinsel garland with some tiny vintage Santa boots hanging on it.

DSC_0835use

I found these boots in an antique store buried in the bottom of a jar. Very sparkly and gold and sweet.

DSC_0693copy

My living room

How do you like the snow that’s on all my tables? Stella, our German Shepard, likes to poke her nose in it and it gets all over. Stella is the spoiled one in the family.

DSC_0792copy1

View from dining room

DSC_0774 (2)copy

DSC_0767 (2)copy

This year I planted Paperwhites for the first time and they’re all around the house.

DSC_0727copy

I did a Jane Austen inspired mantel in this living room and these are the red toile stockings that hang beneath the mantel. My first sewing project (don’t laugh).

DSC_0822use

My Dining Room.

I recently painted the walls in the dining room from taupe to a creamy white and hung these shutters.

DSC_0759 (2)use

Afterwards, I decided to keep the Christmas colors very soft and muted in here.

DSC_0570copy

White painted pinecones, bright moss, and my favorite green ribbon are in the chandelier.

DSC_0827use

More Paperwhites, pinecones and succulents in clay pots.

DSC_0826useA An old wood carved Nativity set that I white-washed.

DSC_0532copy

And rustic carved angels are overhead.

Next to the dining room is a white hutch with this tray displayed.

DSC_0684copy

I painted this chalkboard tray and I wrote out this message one night in front of a old Bette Davis movie with Mr. Moss. This is my idea of a fun night. A roaring fire, a glass of wine and a chalkboard project next to my honey. Is this a sign of old age?

DSC_0771copy1

Here’s our family room. This was one of my bigger DIY jobs. My dear Dad and I did all the brick work on this huge wall.

I’ve added red and black plaid ribbon on the mantel which coordinates with the kitchen. And little snowmen on the bookshelves.

DSC_0764 (3)use

 

DSC_0777copy

White pine cones with red and silver bulbs.

DSC_0807use

The kitchen opens to the family room. More black and red and white in here. Paperwhites surrounded by jars of baby’s breath are on the island.

DSC_0804use

Silver artemisia with silver bells are planted in little pots next to the topiaries.

DSC_0800

Joy in big white letters.

DSC_0775 (2)copy

Wide red ribbon and red bulbs decorate the stairs.

DSC_0263copy

And when you get to the top of the stairs, this is the view.

I’m so glad you stopped by during such a busy time. And I hope you’re enjoying your Christmas season.

Merry Christmas to you!

xoxo

Leslie

I’m linking up with these friends:

14 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Your home is absolutely beautiful, so many lovely touches....and I think you have exactly the right amount of "Christmas" :)

I especially like the mantels, you've done those beautifully.

It really feels like a real home.

I haven't followed all the homes but I think the home tour you mentioned includes Paige's home, it's just gorgeous.

Merry Christmas! XX

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Beautiful! And I love your office - that might have been how I found you - from a link up of your office makover!

Pam Kessler said...

I love your less is more approach. I am so impressed that you and your Dad did all the brickwork. It looks fantastic!

Linda said...

Leslie your home is so beautiful!
Love all the festive touches!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVED seeing more of your beautiful home!! Everything looks so pretty all dressed for Christmas!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Leslie so beautiful! Your attention to detail is amazing!!!! I love the shutters with the wreath. So so pretty! Looks like your home is MERRY AND BRIGHT!

Monica said...

Oh - I've been waiting for this post! More like absolutely stunning abode! I really could go on and on. You are so talented and there is so much loveliness to share. Have a beautiful Christmas. xo - Monica

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

So beautiful! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Leena

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is stunning! Every square inch! I'll be featuring this week, most likely today.
OX
Kristin

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Beautiful home! I think you did a pretty good job on the stockings. Love the crosses collection...I have one too

Vanessa said...

Hi, Leslie

I know I have said this before, but I just LOVE, LOVE your home. I am tucking in my mind what I would love to do to my home, thanks to yours home. : ) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it very much. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Donna said...

Your house is beautiful. I really love the style of it.
D

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm stopping by from Cowgirl Up to say that your home is gorgeous from top to bottom!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

WOW. Just WOW! Your house is right out of a magazine. Great job. You are so very talented. I wish I could have you at my house to decorate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...