Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall flowers inside the home…

DSC_0990copy_thumb

Today I put out some fresh flowers around the house and planted this container, and even though these blooms will look much prettier in a week or so, I thought I’d share them with you.

Don’t you just love the colors of autumn?

DSC_0969copy_thumb5

I like fiddling around with colors and textures of fresh flowers. These are inexpensive Mums and I added some baby pumpkins and a few succulents…

DSC_0992_thumb5

Right now I’m really smitten with the color orange.

DSC_1008copy1_thumb6

I especially love it paired with white, so I added these pumpkins filled with marigolds, lilies and berries to my mantel. Nothing fancy, but I think there’s drama in monochromatic arrangements, don’t you?

DSC_0996copy_thumb2

This was the first year I didn’t go crazy with Halloween decorating inside my house and it was nice, it let me enjoy all the autumn decor .

DSC_0964copy_thumb

I especially like mixing rustic and ornate finishes like these. I love my old clay pots on this silver tray.

DSC_1029copy copy_thumb[5]

DSC_0963copy_thumb[3]

And the blue-green color of these succulents looks interesting next to the bold orange.

DSC_0961 copy2_thumb[6]

I’m not sure why carnations get such a bad rap, not only are they a reliable and inexpensive filler flower, but they look great in mass. Here’s a handful inside a vase with orange berries.

Are you in the mood to brighten your kitchen up?

DSC_1005copy_thumb5

You can make a simple fall arrangement with a wire basket, a few gourds and pumpkins, add some dried hydrangeas or leaves, a few berries … and voila, you’re done!

DSC_1000copy_thumb5

Have you been planting any flowers lately?

xoxo.

Leslie

I’m linking up at these fun places:

 

7 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Leslie I LOVE your beautiful home!! Everything looks so pretty!

Unknown said...

i am really into the adding of succulents in those clay pots-very nice!

One More Time Events said...

Everything is just beautiful!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Such a perfect job you have done Leslie in getting your home ready for fall. I do like how you added the succulents.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Your mantel is lovely! Love your pops of orange on the white. My fall decorating was pretty limited this year - no fresh flowers - but you are making me want to run out and get some!

Leslie's Garden said...

So many pretty fall touches around your lovely home! I love the jam-packed container in the first photo. I love all the different colors and textures.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

fall colors are my favorites: oranges, reds and browns! I love them all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...