Question: What is a Box Club?
Answer: An expression of a mother’s love
Box Club Membership requirements:
- A group of busy Moms who have kids away at college
- a desire to make a care-package filled with home-baked goodies and small toiletries for your college kid
- a willingness to laugh and chat over a glass of wine and dinner before all the items are dumped on a big table and shared with everyone
- a willingness to lovingly assemble all your goodies in a box so you can mail it as soon as possible to your son or daughter
- an utter and complete desire to do all this for no other reason than making your college kid happy… because you’re a mother. And mothers never stop thinking of their kids, even when they’re miles away.
Last night was our monthly Box Club meeting. Kirsten hosted it and being the creative decorator that she is, we were all treated to an amazing Halloween dinner. She used a black tablecloth and make individual placemats from cheesecloth for everyone.
A flickering glitter pumpkin was at each place setting.
There were cobwebs and black candles…
…and a bowl of eyeballs…
…and mischievous mice hanging from little bags of candy…
Will our big, hunky college-age sons notice all the sweet, little details?
Well, since they’re guys, probably not.
But we know they’ll smile when they open their boxes.
And they’ll tear through their home-baked goodies and eat happily away.
And later we’ll get text messages back
and we’ll hear what they liked and whom they shared with…
left to right: Pam, Tracey Kirsten, Julie, Lynne and Me—behind the camera.
And we’ll feel so darn happy.
Because mothering is a bewitching kind of love. It’s impossible to explain the sheer magnitude and intensity of the bond, and the incredible feeling that comes from knowing that our kids are happy.
It’s simply magical.
Don’t you agree?
I’m linking up here, please join me: