Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

a peek at my new country chic office…

I’ve been getting some curious questions about the progress of my office so today I thought I’d show you a few teaser photos. Teaser photos are the only thing I have to show you because nothing else is ready, so here it goes.

Ready?

First, a reminder in case this is your first time here.

DSC_0258copy

  This is my BEFORE photo of the office, the furniture was a mismatch of heavy, dark furniture mixed with lighter pieces.

The room was also cluttered with lots of paperwork and no place to put it all.

DSC_0118

After it was cleared out, I painted everything fresh white, even the floors.

DSC_0407copy

This is a glimpse of the office today.

I sold the dark corner desk and kept my Pottery Barn pieces plus-- I added a new industrial- style shelf I found at Cost Plus. It was 50% off because one of the shelves had scuff marks, can you believe? Of course, I had to lighten it with paint anyway so it worked perfectly. In addition, I had a coupon that I used. (Don’t you love coupons?)

A  few more details

DSC_0387copy

I’m gathering art work for my walls and I’m trying really hard to choose wisely. Mr. Moss likes to remind me that I’m a clutter bunny. He’s curious to see if I can keep my pledge to have a clean, stream-lined look in here so I’m only allowing things I love on my walls, like this old oil painting. 

DSC_0386

DSC_0396

I’m also making a little chalkboard to fit into an old frame, now white.

DSC_0398copy

I hung up my old valence. I just don’t have the time or money to think about something different and I actually like it better with the white walls.

20144_XXX_v1-w358copy

This is the “damaged” industrial shelf unit I bought from Cost Plus.

DSC_0257 (2)copy

DSC_0389copy

I spray painted the metal sides and I dry brushed the shelves with a blend of soft gray and cream colored paint.

DSC_0404copy

And here is a glimpse of my latest favorite “find”…I love love love this mirror!

In fact I’ve been bursting with happiness over this random discovery. The other day I stopped by the Antique Trove in Roseville, California hoping to find some crates or baskets and lo and behold, I walk up to a booth to find a dealer hanging this mirror on her display wall.  As you can see, it’s old and very French looking and apparently the dealer  was finally ready to sell it from her personal collection…

…when you see the whole mirror I think you’ll agree it was steal for under a hundred dollars.

DSC_0391copy

This weekend I’ll be to tackling my paper work and tossing out old files. Afterwards I’ll have a better idea of how much shelving space needs to be for actual files. But in the meantime, I finally found a place to put my vintage globes. 

Well, are you getting curious to see the whole office finally done? Boy, I sure am. In fact, I’m dying to have this little room finished and re-organized so I can have my life back. I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

xoxo

Leslie

I’m linking up at these fun places:

 

 

11 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

You TEASE!! It looks great, can't wait to see more!! LOVE the white!

Ladies Holiday said...

The white makes it so bright, welcoming and fresh- great choice...and love the globes on the top shelf- nice touch. Have a great weekend!

lily white english rose said...

this is going to amazing!! i love the white and the globes :D thanks for linking up for the aloha friday hop :)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I think it's going to look oh so beautiful when all is done! I am falling in love with painted floors...

Kristin {thehomeavengers.wordpress.com} said...

Found your blog from the Local Sugar Hawaii blog hop - and I'm in El Dorado Hills! We think your white floors are awesome and want some ourselves!

Linda said...

Great ideas for your office. Can't wait to see the finish. I'm your newest follower.

Linda said...

Gwen while looking at your pictures more closely I noticed that the globe in the middle looked the same as mine. Can you tell me something about it. Maybe how old?It's hard to tell from the picture, but is the base a light brown and the background a white/cream.

Jeannie and Linda said...

What a great find, the mirror is beautiful.

Kristin said...

Ohh very interesting, can't wait to see the result!

Leanne said...

I'm so excited to see it all finished!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

Love your boldness, show us the finished room asap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...