Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Merry & Bright.. holiday tour 2013….

 

PicMonkey Collageholidaytour

Hello there! I’m so glad you stopped by for a little Christmas visit.

 And I hope you’ve been enjoying all the fabulous holiday homes tours going on right now. I’m joining Jennifer Rizzo’s Holiday Home Tour HERE

Jennifer-Rizzo-link-party-button-Holiday[1]

And I thought I’d pop over and join The Nester’s 2013 Christmas Tour of Homes too.  

In the meantime if this is your first visit here let me introduce myself.. My name is Leslie- aka Gwen Moss- and now that the boys are away in college I live with Mr. Moss and our spoiled fur baby Stella, who likes to greet visitors by jumping up at the front door and leaving lots of little scratches on our wall.

Although truthfully, that’s a perfect example of how we’ve always lived in this home. Don’t be fooled by these perfect looking pictures, we’re pretty casual here. This is the house we’ve raised our boys, Patrick and Michael, along with three dogs and one beloved bird—and over the years this house has been filled to the brim with growing kids, big holiday parties, weekly family nights, and some very funny stories.  And because I view my home as my personal art canvas, I’ve always got unfinished projects going on too. Which is code for saying our home has its share of  messes and imperfections around.

This past August we officially became empty nesters when Michael went down to Southern California. And soon after, Life presented us with even more changes. One thing led to another and as of last weekend, our family home is officially listed for sale.

Yep, we’re moving to Huntington Beach, California.
But that’s a whole other story.

In the meantime I’m taking lots of photos these days because all of a sudden it seems important to capture the way our home looks for the holidays, all dressed up and so full of happy memories.

I’ve always loved decorating for the holidays and I hope you enjoy seeing my little touches.


The living room……

DSC_0373use

DSC_0754 (2)use!

DSC_0676use!

My latest chalk art project…alongside a few mice, fresh holly and my red toile stockings. Is there anything prettier than red and white toile?

DSC_0663use

I’m drawn to old, quirky looking Santas ….

DSC_0465use

 

DSC_0251useDSC_0537useDSC_0535use

Even though I love the whole white tree look, I never seem to have one. Our tree is always decked out in lots of vibrant red and my favorite ornaments are the ones made by the boys when they were in grade school.

DSC_0558use

DSC_0618use2

Across from the living room is my office with the white floors that I painted. I love the look although I admit, white floors are not for perfectionists, they show every single dog hair.

PicMonkey Collageoffice

I found four vintage ornaments—delicate, sparkly Santa boots—buried inside faded tissue paper at an antique store. I like to hang them from my favorite mirror.

DSC_0585use

Do you remember making paper chains as a child? I made this chain using sepia colored music sheets that came out of an old Chopin piano book, courtesy of the thrift store.

PicMonkey Collageoffice2

 

DSC_0291use

The dining room is all set for a cozy dinner…you can see more of this red and white tablescape by clicking HERE

DSC_0438use

DSC_0426use

DSC_0474use

In our family room,

the best thing I ever did was paint my bricks with ASCP…

I love how light this room became.

DSC_0315maybe

 

DSC_0701maybe

I made a simple banner for this mantel and decided not to put stockings in here because we always have a fire going on chilly days.

My favorite place in the house is sitting on this hearth with the fire warming my back…

DSC_0405use

this is my view….

DSC_0520maybeuse!

DSC_0630use

DSC_0689maybe

 

Kitchen…

DSC_0495maybe

DSC_0388use!

DSC_0272use

 

 

DSC_0482use

DSC_0494maybe

 

DSC_0510use

Heading upstairs…to the bonus room.

DSC_0596

DSC_0486use

 

PicMonkey Collageupstairs

Master bedroom..

DSC_0711use

DSC_0498use

 

a peek at the patio..

DSC_0382use

DSC_0366use

Well that’s it for now.

Thank you so much for stopping by during such a busy time.

Wishing you a beautiful Christmas season.

xoxo

Leslie

 

I’m linking this post up with these friends:

http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/12/show-us-your-holiday-home-linky-party.html

http://www.stonegableblog.com/2013/12/welcome-to-scoop-97.html

http://www.thenester.com/2013/12/welcome-to-the-2013-christmas-tour-of-homes.html

 

 

26 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Leslie, I am utterly amazed! I can't stop gawking at your Christmas decor. Great job! If I don't talk to you again before the holidays, I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your home looks magazine worthy as do your photographs, Leslie! It's so bright and festive with your white furnishings and accents of red. It must be bittersweet to decorate it one last time before you move on to the next phase of your life. I wish you all the best and a speedy sale of your beautiful home. Merry Christmas!

Andi's English Attic said...

I LOVE the quirky Santa! xx

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!

So many beautiful & original touches...I absolutely LOVE the baubles in the frames going up the stairs, love the old Santas, love the tree...it's all gorgeous!

Merry Christmas! Xx

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything is so beautiful. I love your cowhide rug, stunning. All of your Christmas decor is so pretty. Fabulous pictures. Hugs, Marty

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home is gorgeous, Leslie...all of your wonderful personal touches and pops of red...it should be in a magazine! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Merry Christmas!

Christy James said...

Your house looks amazing as always, Leslie!! XO

Anonymous said...

Everything looks gorgeous! Your tree with the big red bow on top and ornaments made by your sons is beautiful. I also love the reindeer pillow and table settings. I'm a huge fan of all the red at Christmas. And yes, I remember making paper chains as a kid. In fact, I still make a green and red construction paper chain every year and we take turns tearing a link off every day until Christmas. Loved your tour. Thanks for sharing. I'm already looking forward to seeing what you do to your next home. Good luck with the sale of this one. Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Leslie, everything looks beautiful! I love your chalk board art and the Santa sign.

Have a great week!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Hi Leslie! Your decorations are beautiful! I love all the use of red, one of my favorite colors! That bonus room is outstanding! I'd be hiding up there creating all day! Love it all! Hugs, Leena

Leslie said...

Leslie! Everything is just beautiful and I can tell your home is filled with wonderful memories of years past. Your chalkboard is so fun and I love the Santa at the top. The hide rug wit sisal is gorgeous .. I just love those! I hope you are enjoying the season. I'm assuming the boys will be home for Christmas??

Unknown said...

There are too many things that I love about your house that I'm not going to bother mentioning each and every one - but I think my favourite little thing of all is the sign telling Santa that you can explain your behaviour - I think we all need one of these.

Your home is elegant and charming - just how I imagine you to be.

Merry Christmas.

Monica said...

It has been too long since I visited! We started decorating this weekend, after coming home from a trip and I came here looking for Christmas inspiration. I love how you describe your work as "little touches" - your design skills and home are my absolute dream!!! It really is all so magical. I loved hearing about your desire for an all white tree and the beauty you have in a colorful one. Before kids, my husband and I had a white tree that we only decorated in silver and white. Just this year I asked my mom to send me some ornaments from my childhood (I can't wait to receive them!). I love seeing the homemade ornaments from your boys when they were young and am in the process of beginning to collect them from my kids (I know that I need to preserve them well!). I'm glad that I've gotten rid of the vision of my picture perfect tree to really experience the true Christmas happening inside my home. Thanks for the inspiration Leslie! Love coming here :)

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Okay, you HAD to take us outside didn't ya!! Lovely green setting! Oh boy, Leslie....I tell you, I am going to figure it out somehow...but lots of white fluffy is coming your way!! :)
Your house looks fabulous as always. I love your little touches and the addition of whimsy here and there like that little Santa. Makes me smile.
I want to wish you the best holiday ever in your home. Lots of memories to share this time around with your family and friends!!! Enjoy it all!
Joyeux Noël Leslie et Bonne Année!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW my friend you know how much I love your beautiful home and style...your Christmas decor is stunning I love it all...the tree...the mantels...and all the pretty festive vignettes!!

Calypso In The Country said...

Leslie, your home is SO beautiful! It has always been one of my favorites in "blogland" but with the addition of all the Christmas decor, it is beyond beautiful! I am going to be pinning quite a few things! Enjoy every moment you have left in your house. I know you will make your new place just as beautiful but you will be happy to have all these lovely pictures to look back on. And yes, red toile is just perfect!
Have a wonderful holiday!
Cheers! - Shelley

Krista Aasen said...

Your home is stunning! Throughout - inside and out, and I bet all year around. I loved my tour!! Thanks for sharing:)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

This is all beautiful.

Art and Sand said...

The Believe chalkboard . . . the believe banner . . . the elf on books . . . the numbered Christmas trees . . . . just a few of the Christmas details that are just wonderful.

Oh, and I just remembered the Write Fearlessly sign.

Kassie said...

Everything looks beautiful!

thepaintedapron.com said...

love your style and all the chalk board messages, black and white is such a perfect palette with pops of Christmas red and green, thanks for sharing your beautifully decked out home!
Jenna

Kerry@homecrushblog.com said...

This is all so pretty and whimsical! Found you via The Scoop and I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Leslie, Everything is gorgeous! Best of luck with your move and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
xx,
Sherry

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh what a stunning home- so warm and chic! best of luck in your move!

Pitter and Glink said...

STUNNING! I love that your house is so gorgeously decorated, but it still seems warm and inviting…like it would be totally okay to sit on your furniture and have a cup of tea! :) Merry Christmas, lovely lady!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Absolutely gorgeous my dear! What a gift for you to share your home so lovingly decorated! Wishing you a very blessed New Year! I for one, can't wait for you to move down here!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...