Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

the blog post that will make you happy

2 via charlotteromance_tumblr_comtumblr_l5ks1oKpPU1qzvsqto1_400

via charlotteromance.tumblr.com

Today will be a wonderful day. I already know that.

And I already know that I’ll be happy. But not for the reasons you might think.

To quote my new friend Anita:

‘my happiness won’t be because I have a perfect life (no such thing) or because my husband does everything I want (he doesn’t) or because my kids always behave perfectly (they don’t) or because I live in a million-dollar home ( we don’t).’

Today, I’m happy because I’ll focus on everything I do have.

Right now. I’ll step back and appreciate those small moments in my life that have recently lifted me up and touched me somehow. And yes, made me happier. Here’s what I’m  grateful for at this moment.

Read along, I think there’s something here that will lift you up too.

I’m grateful for the lovely email I received from Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch which was like a bolt of sunshine pouring out of my computer. I especially loved her views on happiness which prompted today’s post.

554689_361012370622052_109891849067440_1024444_2130009538_n_large

Anita is the kind of person who makes a celebration out of drinking her morning coffee. The pretty tea cup. The quiet moments on her back porch. Her best friend’s motto of, “I love my Life!”  Anita’s pretty special. Click here to read an amazing post.

I’m grateful that I had the chance to meet and have coffee with Ashley from Domestic Fashionista. And that we lingered over our drinks and had a wonderful conversation about Life and blogging, and we really connected in a deeper way. Ashley’s adorable. And she gave me blogging advice that I still need to follow. Like taking time to find a picture of me for my blog. She thinks readers like to see the real person behind the blog, and I think she’s right.

Thankfulness Thursdays

Every Thursday, Ashley slows down and counts her blessings Click HERE to read more about being thankful…

 

8975599_orig

And I’m grateful that I stumbled on a powerfully written post titled, “My Gay Brother.” Because I love reading stories about real love that bring me to tears. I love hearing about wonderful families that make me feel hopeful about the future. Click HERE to read this post. You won’t regret it.

Today there will be so many moments… to choose gratitude.

I hope this post counts as one of your moments.

 

Blessings to all my readers!

Leslie

 

linking up:

http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/2012/08/treasure-hunt-thursday-70-highlights.html

http://www.504main.com/2012/08/tickled-pink-no-112.html

http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2012/08/link-up-with-me-liz-marie-15/

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

I do agree. Someone wise once said....life is 10% what you are given and 90% what you make it. Thank you for the reminder :)



Have a blessed and wonderful day!

karianne

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I think mother Teresa said some of the happiest people have the least reason for being so. It's definitely a choice. I once heard a poem about how the author hoped happiness would come for a visit and decide to stay for awhile, I wanted to shout, you've got it all wrong. Happiness won't come until you choose for it too, and for heavens sake don't put it in the guest room, find a more permanent place for it.

momto8 said...

how very true! we can choose to be happy! or to be unhappy.
wishing you a happy week1

Mandy said...

Lovely post :)
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I am your newest follower.

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

I love this post. We all need to think and live like this more often. Lately, I've been reflecting a lot on the idea that, like "you are what you eat," we are what we think. If we choose positive, loving thoughts, then we become or we are positive people. Letting ourselves dwell in negative thoughts is a choice, albeit not always a conscious one (and of course I'm not talking about folks struggling with depression, since that's much more serious and not a choice). So thank you for the reminder to choose the better path!

I'm also so glad that you spent some time with Ashley! One of my favorite bloggers, and such a lovely human being. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your way of thinking, it is so true, your day get's so much better just by thinking: I 'm going to have a great day and I am going to appreciate the good things in my life. Great blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...