Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the best carrot cake recipe ever…

DSC_1026copy1

I don’t usually do foodie posts.

But I took these carrot cake cupcakes to Tracey and Angie’s birthday party and so many people asked for the recipe, I thought I’d share it here.

DSC_1030 copy

The party had a Beach theme, so of course I dressed up my cupcakes with bright parasols. After all, what’s a cupcake without a parasol?

DSC_1028copy1

I have to admit, this cake is so yummy-moist. It’s Bon Appetit’s Triple-layer carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting.

DSC_1020

But with a few changes.

I leave out the following: (mostly for my kids)

  • I skip the nutmeg.
  • I skip the pecans
  • I skip the raisins.

I also add the following into the batter (when I add the carrots).

  • 1/4 cup of pineapple juice plus
  • 1/4 cup of pineapple crushed pineapple; drained

That’s it. That’s my secret ingredient. Go ahead and try this recipe and tell me what you think.

DSC_1023copy1

And here’s the other beachy-looking treat I took to the party.

Don’t you think this would be cute at a kid’s party? They’re so simple to make. Just take Nutter Butter cookies, add pieces of licorice with a dollop of icing and lay them on crushed graham crackers. Voila! There’s your sandy treat.

Untitled-1julia child

 

Don’t you love recipes that even-a-kid-could do?

Leslie

linking up at:

http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2012/08/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no127and-giveaway.html

http://elizabethandco.blogspot.com/2012/08/be-inspired-features-and-link-party-33.html

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Ladies Holiday said...

My sister's birthday is this weekend and she loves carrot cake- so glad you shared a foodie recipe!
Thanks Leslie!

momto8 said...

looks so delicious!!

Kristin said...

Oh how I love a good carrot cake! :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Carrot cake is one of my favorites! I bet the pineapple makes it extra moist! I need to give this a try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...