I spy Santa boots.
Well actually you might remember the thrift store boots I sprayed gold for my Fall door display?
I ask you. Why buy a pair of new, shiny red boots when you already have an old pair just waiting to be re-sprayed? This time in a bold happy red.
Then I used these four items:
1. thrift store boots sprayed red
2. fresh and fake greens
3. strip of fur I bought at Joann's fabric store
4. set of battery operated LED lights (I bought mine at TJMaxx for $6.99-it's 10 feet long too)
And now....transformation time!
1. Obviously you'll need to spray your thrift store boots bright red
2. I filled up the bottom of the boots with some brown Kraft paper I already had-- but you can use whatever you happen to have to stuff them.
3. Then I used fake and a few real branches--just stuck them inside with the battery operated lights
4. I cut the strips of fur and wrapped each boot, tucking the tops of fur inside and using white masking tape to hold the ends together.
And ta daaaaaa......
This is such a cute little project and I think every house with kids needs to have a pair of Santa boots around, so I hope you let me know if you make your own!
My next easy project happened by chance. My boxwood bushes needed a haircut and I had all these fresh clippings leftover so....
I removed all the fake boxwood off these little wreaths I already owned. I was actually ready to throw them out (the greens looked too plastic) and basically I just started cutting and sticking the pieces of real boxwood into the cracks. When they didn't fit easily I used wire.
At the end I started using fishing wire to catch the pieces hanging out.
In case you're curious the wreaths are about 6 inches in diameter...
and when I was finished I put them on my front windows to add a little color.
I've been having fun decking the halls around here...
How's your December going?
I'm off to take care of a few errands myself
but I hope you found a little inspiration here today.
As always, I'm so grateful for your visits.
peace and love,
I'm sharing this post with friends:
home for Christmas blog party