Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

easiest Christmas napkin ring ever!

 

 

DSC_0229

Do you want to make an quick, pretty napkin ring for your Christmas table?

I tied this festive Christmas gift tag on some miniature twig wreaths that I bought at a thrift store.

At the time I’d absolutely no idea what I’d do with a plastic bag filled with these wreaths but for 99 cents I couldn’t resist getting them.

DSC_0024

So here it is…the easiest home-made napkin ring ever!

DSC_0184

Did I tell you?

We’re using this rustic table my Dad made in the kitchen for now.

(You can see this DIY project here)

 

DSC_0023

But after getting a large sliver in my finger I quickly realized that moving it indoors meant that I needed to sand it down and put a clear coat of polyurethane over it

—there’s only so rustic I want my tables to be.

DSC_0022

 

DSC_1190

A lot of you asked about these cork-backed placemats that I got at Home Goods. They are heat resistant and have a clear wipe-able top coat on them…user friendly with a sweet message. I love them.

DSC_0277 (2)

 

DSC_0095

 

DSC_0026

the kitchen nook

 

IMG_1459_thumb

 

As a side note, last night we were floating on a 55 foot boat in the middle of the Long Beach Marina …

watching the parade of boats go by that were decorated with glowing lights, waving Santas and people like us

… who were staying warm with lots of good wine. 

IMG_1448_thumb

Here we are acting out the famous Titanic moment…

See?

It’s official…

we’re the ‘nerdi-est’ couple you know.

I’m off to do some Christmas shopping.

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!

ox

Leslie

 

16 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Beautiful Leslie!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

On, I want to be on that boat with you guys, how neat!!!
Love your table and that neat centerpiece with the neat napkin rings!

cindy hattersley design said...

I am going to Home Goods tomorrow to see if I can snag some of those placemats...love them!! I do not think you guys qualify as nerds...you are way to savvy for that!!

Karen said...

Leslie,
What a fun treasure, a bag of small trig wreaths! Your table looks so sweet and simple, my favorite way of setting the table.
xo,
Karen

Lynne said...

You are so NOT nerdy!
I love everything about your table, Leslie!
~Lynne
w/L.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a lovely rustic table! You may never want to bring it back outdoors!

It looks like a magical night on the water, even for nerds like you. :o)

Vickie

Calypso In The Country said...

You are so funny...and I love your napkin rings!
Shelley

Sarah said...

Lovely idea, Leslie. I've seen those little twig wreaths at $ store in the past. Still haven't found me a set of those placemats, but I'm still looking. Such a cute ides, and like you, love the message.

Anonymous said...

Sweet idea for the napkin rings, thanks! Patty

michele said...

charming, leslie! i would gladly join you in nerdtown! peace.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love those place-mats...so cute!

Leslie said...

Your table is so pretty Leslie! Those napkins rings are darling. I prefer the pared down approach to the holidays as the kids have gotten older;) I'll be it was gorgeous on the water for your boat parade! Hope you are enjoying the seasonal festivities.

Unknown said...

I love that you did the Titanic thing on the boat, that really made me smile :)

The tables you create always look so good, you are so great at capturing the season or holiday.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you have left me over the past few days, I so appreciate them....you always seem to know just what I need to hear :)

I know just what you mean about lowering your expectations/living in a fixer-upper etc....this has been one long year at our new home, I've had many moments when I wished we hadn't moved in at all! At the start of the year, we were very focused on the big projects - the loft, the kitchen extension etc and that took so much time & energy that we sort of overlooked everything else.....which was a mistake really. But since September when I got back from France we have worked hard every weekend on painting & decorating, getting some of our own furniture out of storage & putting some of my in-laws old stuff into storage, basically making the place seem more "us".

We have what we call a "through lounge", two rooms that make up our living room which can be separated by doors....I painted the one that we currently use the most white, added our cream couch, put up our large mirror & unpacked a ton of my beloved books = a million times better LOL!! We have just added a mantelpiece & with the floors that we sanded last week, the room is now transformed and I love it.

I need to add some artwork but we now have a ground floor room that we can all use...hoorah! I wish we had done this months ago, but when you have so much to do, it's hard to decide what to do first isn't it? Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees....and of course with all these jobs, patience is required, you can't rush anything!

I wanted to get your advice....we have a chandelier in the room I have been telling you about...it's not valuable and it's glass & gold (in colour). I want to upcycle it & remembered that you had done something like this...am I right? Although yours might have been metal? I want to do something quickly, do you have any ideas? I wondered about painting it?

Sorry for such a long post!! Xx

Unknown said...

Simply Gorgeous Leslie...and if you are nerdy we can join that club too...exactly the thing we do ;) xx

Unknown said...

You are just a joy, Leslie! I always enjoy your creative touches and the ideas you share. Your new home is looking so fun and festive. I also love your wise heart and your sense of humor--I always come away from your blog with a gift of the spirit. Merry, merry my dear!
xx, Heather

Gypsy Heart said...

Love it! You are amazing to create something so pretty from nothing. The boat sounds delightful!

xo
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...