Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

my home office reveal!

DSC_0086copy5

My little home office is finally done.

I think. Well, at least for now, if you know what I mean.

So today I thought I’d share a few final photos with you. But first I have to remind you about the BEFORE office, so you can appreciate my shiny new look. My old office had an ugly corner desk, lots of clutter everywhere and dark, scuffed-up floors. Even the soft gray wall color I once loved looked drab and gloomy.

So I went for a dramatic new look. I decided I wanted to have lots of creamy white around me and I didn’t want to see any clutter, anywhere. So I got rid of my decrepit, brown desk, threw out tons of paperwork, reorganized all my files and here’s the big one: I painted my wood floors white.

DSC_1046copy

Yep, you heard it right. I painted my floors white and I have to tell you, I absolutely love them.

DSC_0094copy

Here’s a better look. My office doors are right in the front entry. You can see more of my foyer HERE.

DSC_0083copy

DSC_0045copy

I moved these cream colored curtains from another room but they were too short.

DSC_1033copy

So I added a black strip of fabric to the bottom of the curtains. You can see this project HERE.

DSC_0084copy

And of course, one thing leads to another and I decided to add some soft color to the room with this feminine looking banner.

DSC_0008copy2

You can visit HERE to see this how I made this simple fabric banner.

DSC_0080copy

When I’m sitting at my desk, this is my side view when my doors are open. There’s also a window in front of me that looks out at our neighborhood and faces west so I get lots of bright sunlight coming in.

I wish you could see how peaceful this room looks in the afternoon light.

DSC_0069 (2)copy

Remember this wood and metal bookshelf that I got from Cost Plus and repainted? You can see what it once looked like HERE.

DSC_0039copy4

I finally have a place for my Papa’s typewriter; it’s one of the few material possessions that I truly value. My grandfather introduced me to the world of books and reading and even though he never got his own degree, he was my biggest fan when it came to my college education. He was self-taught, spoke three languages and was a voracious reader and lover of history.  This typewriter was always on his desk. 

DSC_0075 (2)copy

Baskets hide my current work projects.

DSC_0077copy

And all my files have a place now. Boy, I can’t believe how much paperwork got tossed out. It felt so good!

DSC_0074final3

The “Write Fearlessly” art is my first chalkboard project and I had fun with it. I wrote a post with ten tips if you’re interesting in making your own chalkboard art. Just click HERE to see it.

DSC_0074copy

I brought some of my favorite vintage art work into my office, a combination of found objects from thrift stores and antique stores. The landscape painting was an anniversary gift from Mr. Moss.

DSC_0404copy3

And here’s my favorite mirror of all time. I’ve fought the urge to put other things on the wall with it. Right now, I want this old, pretty mirror to have center stage.

 

DSC_0068

OK, one last time, here’s a…

Before

DSC_0066copy2

and After…

And that’s it for now.

There’s still a lot of ugly wires that need to be hidden and I didn’t take photos of that project yet. But I’m feeling so grateful just to be at this point. The little things will get done eventually.

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by. And let me know what you think, I love to hear from you.

xoxo

Leslie

I’m linking up at these fun places:

 

18 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh my gosh, those white floors are breathtaking! clean and fresh, such a gorgeous space!!!

Linda said...

How lovely Leslie!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love this. I love how the colors of the accessories really POP against all the white. Great mirror.

Calypso In The Country said...

The room is beautiful! I love how you positioned the desk to see out the window. I am trying to plan my office and I haven't gotten very far lately. Thanks for the inspiration!
-Shelley

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

Simply amazing. Those black doors with the white walls and all the color. I love it.

ournextgreatadventure said...

What a lovely office! I like how calm and relaxing the space is. :)
Sarah

Number Fifty-Three said...

I love how simple the room is. It looks jsut perfect and I love your mix of elements like the mirror, shelving and wall art.

Angela

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

love, love,. love what you did! The floors are amazing and the shelf (+decor)looks great!

Beth said...

Very pretty and so clean & uncluttered, but not that it looked bad before either.

Jeannie-JB said...

Very nice office makeover! I love the fact that you have your Papa's typewriter in a prominent position and that you value it. I'd love to have something like that from my Grandfather. Sounds like he was very proud of you. Thanks for sharing your new office and your thoughts with us.

Unknown said...

This is really fabulous!! And those white floors....WOW!! I can imagine how lovely it must be to work in here.

I am currently working on creating an office space - I don't have a room to spare so I am working on an "office corner"....but, as you say, one task has led to another. It is coming together though & I am almost ready to "move that bus" and reveal it!!

I love how you have placed special and personal items in your workspace too, the typewriter is just lovely.

Very inspiring :)

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

That is a drool worthy office! I love the fabric on the chair!

Ann-Marie

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Totally totally awesome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that painted white floor! I really want a painted floor someday - if I can convince my hubby!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Love the fresh, clean simplicity of it. Beautiful! Great mirror!

♥Linsey

TheMoonAndMe said...

I think I love your whole house...not just this chic office space!
Kelly

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Wow, your office is just dreamy! It really has a beautiful glow. I totally love the white floor, the beautiful chair, the whimsical banner, your chalkboard art and the shelves with all your beloved treasures! I pretty much just love it all. When can I move in? ... And if I can't move in, at least I can take pleasure in knowing that you have a beautiful and serene space to write fearlessly!

Unknown said...

So, you have a white theme decoration for your home office, huh? It’s beautiful! It creates a sophisticated setting which I really like a lot! I really consider this as a great example of a shipshape room. Great job!

Clayton Steadham

Unknown said...

Love the post, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...