Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

finally! my Fall foyer reveal…

DSC_0243copy

In case anyone needs a reminder, several weeks ago I did a post on my big foyer mess-up. You can read about it HERE, but basically it had to do with re-painting my entry chest. Well, I finally finished the chest and in addition, I’ve made a few more changes to my entry way I thought I’d share today.

DSC_0794

This is my BEFORE photo of my hat rack and plates.

If you’re interested, you can see my entire FOYER post here.

DSC_0239copy

And this is my new look.

How do you like that vintage hat in a rich pumpkin color? I found it yesterday in an antique store and I couldn’t resist adding it to my hat rack for a Fall touch. I also attached a cream colored flower to one of the hats and I switched the plates to ones that feel a tad lighter and more feminine, just for a change. I bought those plates for $3.99 each from Ross, quite a bargain.

DSC_0799copy

This is the mirror I had there before. And I loved it, but it contributed to a heavy, masculine look that I was tired of…so I painted it with a fresh coat of white paint, then used sandpaper to rough it up.

DSC_0283 (2)copy

Here it is, the creamy white version.

By the way, don’t you love the color of those roses? If I ever win the lottery (which is impossible since I never buy tickets) I’ll always have fresh flowers in every room and back massages daily. Just a random thought.

Anyway, I decided to switch lamps from another room so the one on the entry chest is now smaller with gold accents.

DSC_0277copy

DSC_0264copy

DSC_0273copy

DSC_0260copy

DSC_0251 copy1

 

DSC_0804

This is the BEFORE photo with my little sea grass rug and my dark wood chest and mirror.

DSC_0296copy

And this is my AFTER photo with my larger rug and lighter look. What do you think?

By the way, can you see my white office floors inside the French doors? That’s my bigger project I hope to finish this next week. I’ll keep you posted.

And here’s a peek at my Fall mantel which is almost done. I finally had a chance to work on it last night…

DSC_0279copy

Anyone out there still trying to finish their Fall decorating?

I have to admit, I love this season and all the nesting in the home that comes with it. Although we’re still having ninety degree days here in the Valley. Last night Mr. Moss and I went on a walk with Michael and our rambunctious Stella who still behaves like a puppy and it was such a beautiful, warm evening. I still can’t believe the holidays are right around the corner, can you?

xoxo

Leslie

I’m linking up here:

 

11 comments:

Ladies Holiday said...

I love the bold red chest! Cheeers!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Leslie I LOVE LOVE the changes! The cabinet looks fabulous red, it really stands out and love the mirrors new look too!! Your entry looks so pretty!! Have a great weekend:)

Rose Garden Malevik said...

just LOVE all the pictures :)
and do not miss......

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
last week 109 lovley blogs..
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Unknown said...

What a great entry hall! Love the white and the wall height too. I like the hats and plates, both versions. I'm going to be taking a look around your blog.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

With the red white and black going on, wouldn't a black and white striped rug be great?
Cheers,
The Peanut Gallery

Michele said...

I love the changes you made to the entry, especially the larger rug and the hat rack.

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Love the hatrack, so much nicer than throwing them on a foyer chair like I do. Must hunt for one. Looks wonderful with the richer colours for autumn. I didn't read the word Christmas did I? Not yet! xx

Roisin said...

Think the white mirror and red chest are much better--more lively and interesting. Also. I like both or your mantels--very pretty.

Roisin said...

I LOVE your black & white chicken plate? Where did you find it?

Rita at Cashel1916@yahoo.com

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Leslie, wow, what an amazing entry you have. That red cabinet is a show stopper! LOVE the changes with the mirror and that hat rack is such a fun piece!

Richella Parham said...

Just beautiful!! I'm featuring you today at Grace at Home--thanks so much for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...