Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

creating a room of my own…

Hello dear friends!  If you’ve been visiting my blog lately you know I’m smack in the middle of re-decorating my home office and of course, things have been a bit chaotic here. I’ve been busy with all sorts of DIYer details, and while it’s exciting, being without my office  has taken a toll on my blogging.

It’s also left me feeling a bit out of sorts because my office is where I work and it’s the hub of my little world. So I can’t wait to get it back together.

204702745532438926_ROeLeuCB_f

Do you have a special spot where you do your best work?

Pay bills? Write your daily lists? Make phone calls?

Classic-blue-home-office

Do you have a certain spot where you blog? 

Virginia Woolf’s famous quote about women having a room of their own was her acknowledgement of how women can flourish when they have a special space to go and creatively express themselves.

bright-home-office

Although her life in the Victorian era was a different world than what we live in today, I still think it’s crucial for women to carve out their own favorite spot inside their home.

It doesn’t have to be an entire room. It can be next to a favorite lamp or in front of a window with a nice view.

 

74231

Today I’m sharing some favorite photos of feminine work spaces because that’s what’s on my mind right now. Each of these rooms has something that caught my attention.

OFFICE SPACEthedecorista

Pretty pictures always inspire me… like this one. I love all the details in this room, but my eyes are especially drawn to the blue lamp with the black shade.

50806302016598521_NFFI69Zq_ctinywhitedaisies

Right now I’m deciding what exactly to put on my newly painted white walls, and I’m trying to use restraint but it’s hard for me. I’m not naturally a minimalist.

250231323015392233_HX5irnXb_f

Here’s a photo I’ve had in my file for a while. It used to be the office for Velvet and Linen’s designer Brooke Giannetti. Let’s see, why did I save it? It must have been the rustic lantern she chose with the French furnishings and muted colors. And of course, I want all those old books! 

office12

Maybe that’s why I like this photo. There’s a desk right in the middle of all those wonderful shelves filled with books and sentimental objects. That’s more my style, but do you think it looks cluttered?

Iadesk1

I love the white floors and industrial lighting fixtures in this photo…

CHI-floral-study1

and the white-washed frames with the green/white combo here, although the pattern is too busy for me. How about you?

French-inspired-home-office

I could write forever in this peaceful setting.

Home-office--Country-home--25-Beautiful-Homes

And in this cozy room I like the gilt mirror and cream colored drapes next to the rustic table

Home-office--Elegant-trestle--25-Beautiful-Homes

and I think this cowhide rug looks wonderful next to the metal cabinet and petite wood table. It appeals to my more funky side.

bhg19

But the most important thing for me is to finally have a place to organize all my paper work and files. Like here in this photo. Is this what your rooms look like? If so, I’m seriously jealous. Right now as I write these words, I can’t imagine having an office that’s finally neat and orderly. But here’s the crazy part..

I’m never happier than when my sleeves are rolled up, my hair’s in a ponytail, and I’m right in the middle of making lots of decisions about paint colors and fabrics and where something should hang on the wall…

Can you relate?

83527768058444525_LIMArva6_cetsy.comviaalicedawnstrom

to be continued….

xoxo

Leslie

 

photos via: the decorista, dustjacketattic, BHG, tinywhitedaisies.tumblr.com & countryliving.com, brookegiannetti.typepad. com

4 comments:

Monica said...

All of the rooms included are so lovely. I hope to have a room for my sewing and crafty endeavors someday! I'd like to have a special spot to spread my creativity. Thank you for the inspiration. xx - Monica

Kristin said...

I've been working on a space where I can work like this. These photos are beautiful and inspiring!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your post inspires me to roll us my sleeves as well! My office has sorta gotten away from me! I love love love the wonderful office inspiraton you posted!
I am a new and happy follower!

Pamela said...

Great inspiration pics. Can't wait to see what you do. I am still working on my craft room. Thanx for joining THT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...