Sometimes the simplest foods are the best.
The other day I was in line at the grocery store thumbing through a magazine (Bon Appetit? I can’t remember) and I saw this recipe for warmed cheese and bread. Of course, I couldn’t resist. After all, cheese is my weakness, especially when it’s infused with rosemary and drizzled with warm honey. Yum...
I snapped a few photos for you because it’s a keeper. Doesn’t it seem like a perfect Fall appetizer?
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 round Camembert
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- handful of sliced, toasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
Line a tray with parchment paper
2. Score the top of the Camembert and cut out the top layer of skin.
3. Place the honey in a small pan, with water and sprig of rosemary. Warm over lower heat until fragrant about 10-15 minutes.
4. Drizzle honey mixture into the cut-out area of Camembert and insert a few short sprigs of rosemary into top. Bake in oven for about 5-8 minutes. But watch closely. You want it gooey but still holding it’s shape. I left mine in too long but it still tasted delicious.
5. Remove from oven and using flat spatula carefully transfer the cheese to a plate or wooden board. Top with toasted almonds and serve immediately with bread and salad.