Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

10 Tips for a Mindful Home…

tumblr_lxwob5t5DH1qkocs9o1_1280theinspirationalgirl_thumb[4]

Mindfulness is such a simple idea. Why is it so difficult to live this way?

Because mindfulness is merely the act of paying attention and being completely absorbed in the moment. And no matter what we are doing, whether we’re eating, driving, exercising, or listening to our child, we have the option of being fully present or not. And according to Karen Maezen Miller, when it comes to the people in our lives, it’s our attention that’s the ultimate gift of love.

Personally, when I’m focused on being in the moment, I feel a deeper connection to everything around me. My senses become more alert, I begin to actually feel my hunger pangs, and I see common things around me that I normally miss in my hurried state. Do you want to know how to practice Mindfulness with your food? I found this wonderful exercise that will change the way you eat. Click on How to Eat an Apple by Thich Nhat Hanh and nutritionist Dr. Lilian Cheung.

Because it’s this simple: whatever we focus our attention on will flourish and grow and develop, and whatever we ignore, withers and eventually dies. This is true in our personal relationships, as well as all aspects of our lives.

How do you practice Mindfulness around your Home?

But how many of us ever consider that our housework and chores can be acts of love? Or that we can use our mundane household tasks to deepen our spiritual lives, and even become happier people? Does this sound familiar? Because I recently wrote about Mindfulness in this Secret to being Happy post.

So when I saw this list of 10 tips for a Mindful Home I couldn’t resist sharing it here. But don’t be fooled, because at first glance it appears light-hearted, even overly simplistic, but that’s because the list has more to do with inner changes; changing the way that you experience your behaviors, rather than offering magical behaviors that will change you.

15702258_diuMAQm3_c_thumb7via karen maezen miller website

Interesting huh? I liked it because these are things that I can easily do. Only, gulp, should I be worried about the state of my mind? Because I admit it, I never make my bed…

Do you?

Leslie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the best To Do list I've found. Thank you for posting. I'm printing it out. (Live.Learn.Change Blog)

Mamun said...

Nice post.....
for busy people here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...