Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

My fashion confession…(black and white)

tumblr_lyw7585r101rn2qyko1_1280inspirationalgirl

This weekend we took a trip into the city and right now, I’ve got fashion on my mind. Being in San Francisco propels you into a world of vibrant colors and a kaleidoscope of interesting tastes. Trendy, bohemian, classic, everywhere you look there is bold and tasteful eye candy…

127156389448832926_NUHpmkUd_chappinesstumblr

and great looking accessories and jewelry in the shop windows and on the streets.

tumblr_ly8lkcvsoz1qfrtudo1_500

Only I have to admit, that I even though I adore the dazzling colors of the rainbow, the truth is, I’m a lover of the color black and the color white.

Steal-Her-Style-Kate-Mosstheonlinestylist

And my eye is immediately drawn to a certain look. For myself. Don’t you love this outfit that Kate Moss is wearing?

summer classy side tumblr[1]

As I’ve gotten older, I feel my best in certain clothes. Do you notice this too?

tumblr_lt7fjpYj361qmjjuvo1_500inspirationalgirl

I immediately recognize this style when I see it on others.

kate-moss-893be840cbbde9531da_Kate-Bosworth

And when I go shopping, I keep filling my closet with white shirts…it’s crazy. Do you find yourself buying the same colors?

tumblr_m13slwpb481qkpc62o1_500

And even though I love to see others in pretty dresses, I never wear them.

tumblr_m1bwxd877y1qh0yodo1_500dustjacketattic

Unless they are black.

Kate-Middleton-99453287-large_new

Or maybe black and white.

MICHELLE-WILLIAMS-BAFTAS-2012-DRESS

Is this wrong? Am I a blatantly boring dresser? …But I think that it’s so important to feel comfortable in your own skin and not try to be somebody that you’re not.

katie-holmes-300x400

Only, don’t misunderstand me, I DO love wearing small jolts of vibrant colors …

with the right outfit. And I have shades of red and blue and purple in my closet as well…

and I AM drawn to the musky, mysterious look of the vintage-bohemian. In fact, I just found this uber cool website with funky jewelry that I want to go shopping on called, Spool No. 72. Here it is if you’re interested.

rachel-bilson-preppy people_com[1]

But if you saw me on the street, this is probably what I would be wearing.

outfit-1allaboutstyleblog

Because I guess, it’s the real me. Lots of black and white and jeans. With my favorite turquoise blue.

audrey-hepburn-12

What about YOU?

How many words does it take to describe your own fashion style? I’d be interested to hear…because I absolutely love hearing your views and getting comments from you even more than I love a great piece of jewelry.

(Well, maybe not that much, tee-hee, but it’s close! )

Wishing you all a bold and colorful day!

xoxo,

Leslie

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

 

photos courtesy of: tumblr.com, theinspirationalgirl, stylist, peoplemagazine, & googleimages

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...