Are you gathering your sticks and leaves and berries on your walks? I sure hope so.
This is the trail that I run on with Stella.
Now that the weather is beginning to change I love to scope out the trails while I’m on them and lately I’ve been stopping to pick up some pretty sticks and branches. Are you a collector too?
Today I thought I’d show you what I did with my little pile of sticks. I also want to show you ten ways to decorate using simple-to-find objects from the outdoors. I mean, really, truly easy to find items.
1. Sticks. Use them to make a rustic candle
My Woodland Candle in front of a vintage oil painting…
mixing rustic and shiny textures.
2. Feathers. I filled a thrift store vase with a few…
3. Berries. I brought them inside and put them into a pretty pitcher (HERE)
4. As the colors begin to change…you can start gathering leaves for vases
5. stick the leaves right into your flower centerpiece
6. decorate your entrance with them
7. work them into your tablescapes..
8. tie a leaf to a votive candle
9. Fill a old urn with pussy willows and dried hydrangeas
10. pick up branches—big and small-- and create a natural centerpiece…
How about you?
Have you discovered anything amazing lately?
I’m sharing this post at this lovely place: