Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blessings on an October day…

tumblr_lse7sxK58R1qla07uo1_500_large

Photo: weheartit.com

Today I’m counting my blessings. Because I can’t help thinking of good things when I see these pictures. They remind me of the Fall season with all its fiery oranges and reds, and golden caramels and toasty browns. But even more than these beautiful colors, I gush over the simple blessings that these photos represent. 

temp marthastewart

Cozy dinners with family and friends. Loud discussions, filled with teasing and laughter (oops, no politics, please).

006_primary1088601_Pumpk061

Cooking with my Dad in the kitchen. Making my favorite  Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger ( I add leeks and celery to it, and it’s wonderful) while listening to Michael Buble, singing in the background…

apple candles partyfrosting0CACA000CEB5440A97BA03F7FC459FCE

Decorating my table. Hand-picking the items for a special centerpiece…

Click HERE to get Martha Stewart’s instructions on transforming apples into candle holders.

018_primary rustic weddings; Brides

Photos: weheartit.com, BHG, Google Images, Brides Magazine, Marla Courtney Wood, PartyFrostingblog

I get so much joy from adding special touches to the table. I think I inherited this quality from my Mom, so I’m always on the look-out for lovely ideas to inspire me, get my creative juices going.

In fact, I found one such idea over at the Kristin Salazar’s beautiful blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

DSC_0496

Photo: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

In her post, she shows you how to make this lovely “Blessings” sign that can be used as a centerpiece or even put on your wall. Click HERE for instructions.

Don’t you think this is a simple, peaceful message to have on your Fall table?  You can add some votive candles or baby pumpkins around it and your dinning atmosphere is set.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

I consider you a blessing.

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

What a gorgeous and beautiful blog you have! Thank you for the link back and for your sweet and kind comments!!! You made my day!

XOXO
Kristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...