Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Instant Drama: How about a Black Door?

 

101617299_ss google imagephoto: Google Image

Are you in the mood for a dramatic change, something that won’t break your budget but will still give you that sudden jolt, that renewed feeling around your house?

Black door Designer Ken Fole HB

What about a Black Door? According to Feng Shui theory, you should definitely consider a black door if your home is facing North. You can read more about this here.

boxwood wreath

Black doors look elegant and make a beautiful backdrop to those seasonal wreaths you have. I love the colors of this green boxwood against the black wood.

Do you already have a black front door? According to this quiz on blogthings, a black door personality is one that is elegant, fashionable, likes power, and can be hard to know. Does this sound like You?

02HBadlerlange_rect540Photo: Google Image

Wow, how about these front doors? Look how fresh and clean this entry looks. Can someone please make my house look this tidy?

Black Door House and HomePhoto: House and Home

Now this is starting to look like Home. Someone left the door open, the flies are getting in, and there are random shoes left in odd places. But, I sure love those bohemian-looking colors behind the door.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAphoto: a well dressed home

If you’re still hesitant about taking the bold step with a black front door, you can always find a place inside your home to experiment. Painting inexpensive interior doors makes a strong impact. Very chic.

47165_0_8-1933--hall houzzphoto: Google Image

CDT-kitchen-w-black-door-by-cote-de-texasPhoto: Cote de Texas

I especially love black when it’s paired with white.

symmetry curtains bookshelves skirted chairs tile floor bates corkern cottage liv designmanifest.blogspot

Photo: designmanifestblogspot.com

ally kellar

Photo: ally kellar

winsorsmithhousebeautifulPhoto: HouseBeautiful

ronamagPhoto: Ronamag

Hey, what about the pantry door? (Now if only I had one)

 

spaces_107_350x263theleafhousedecor.blogspotPhoto: GoogleImage

Do you have any boring closet doors that need sprucing up? Only I’m not sure about that high gloss, what do you think?

2 black interior doorsPhoto: GoogleImage

 

black-doors-gayle-w-mandle-and-james-b-hall-in-Architectural-DigestPhoto:Architectural Digest

houseandhomephoto: House and Home

Ok. Here’s my version, in my own humble abode. Only, I wish I could find my Before photo with the white French doors…but this is all I have…

DSCN0713

…a quick shot after I painted them black, only with my home’s old golden wall color.

DSC_0320 copy

Final photo: My Entry Way (with my black doors)

My last step was to add some Beadboard in the entrance to establish more of a separate space, (yes, I have one of those open floor plans) and a coat of white paint so that my black doors would really pop. That’s it. And I have noticed a difference, besides the visual change.

I like the feeling I get when I sit in my office and look through these doors now, it actually adds a calming effect. Really.

What do you think?  Have I convinced you about the allure and drama of the color black?

I hope I gave you some ideas….Have a wonderful day, friends, more later.

LH

 

 

2 comments:

mary d said...

I have a really dark green front door but everyone thinks its black.. does that count?
Mary

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

So I am just floating around your blog today. And this is such a great idea. Paint Paint paint. It makes rooms look so different. Love the doors and this is such a happening design right now. I see it in all the magazines and pinterest. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...